Saturday 31 July 2010

27/4 Claire - Foodie tour

We were supposed to be abroad, in fact the thought of not actually flying somewhere whilst I have time off work is enough to send me spiralling into a panic and setting off palpitations... damn ash cloud.

We hadn’t booked anything and were planning a late deal to the Maldives for diving. But, you just can’t book AFTER the ash cloud. It’s too risky, no one will insure you and it’s a lot of cash to blow on the back of one little change of wind direction.

So, really last minute we decide on a short foodie tour visiting a few Michelin starred restaurants starting at one of my favourites the Yorke Arms in Nidderdale. Fancy room, tasting menu, wines by the lass to compliment each course. Man, that’s a lot of wine!

Next day we drive down to Cheltenham to a 2 star restaurant called Le Champignion Sauvage. Going back to a 3 course meal was a little disappointing after a tasting menu which leads me to believe we are turning into foodie snobs. The meal was really good. I ate a pigs ear, crispy. I want hard point for that one.

I have no idea was makes a 1 star or 2 star as it wasn’t as good as the Yorke Arms. Ian agrees but I think this is due to a poor menu choice. Squid ink risotto. There is something wrong with blue food!

Next to L’Enclume… I have been here before and it’s great. A little Heston Blumenthal. 13 courses of bonkers tastiness. Ooof.

Now I know I have spent a long time discussing the gym and my body fat % so perhaps this choice of holiday is… erm… unusual? surprising? making my thousands of pounds worth of personal training a joke?

To be fair I was at the gym on the Tuesday morning and again on Friday afternoon. I can’t do more than that for balance now can I?

Seriously, it was only 3 days….

…OF CONSTANT EATING!

Awesome. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment