Thursday 17 September 2009

14/9 Claire – Villa


IMG_3373
Originally uploaded by blenkers
Wow, it’s nice. My new home for the next three weeks is a modern large new villa with a large private infinity pool overlooking the sea. There are olive groves dotted around and ruins from the old town of Skala which was flattened in an earthquake in 1953. Would be even nicer if the sun came out…

Since it is overcast today we have been to the new town of Skala about 4km away for the supermarket, a drink and lunch. The sun came out during this time and it’s really warm but by the time we got back to the villa it had clouded over. Still managed a short time in the non heated pool! Brrr

Why is it I can’t hold in my brain any Greek words? I am being reminded over and over and now feel like a proper English tourist where I am not attempting any Greek in shops or restaurants. Fortunately the locals command of English is very good so I don’t have to start speaking loudly and slowly ;o).

Sunny day… decided today was a day at the villa by the pool, there’s worse places to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment