Wednesday 13 October 2010

20/7 Claire - Ibiza

I know that at [ah-erm] 31 I should be growing old gracefully but we have never been and I wanted to go to experience it before I got too old (of course there’s lots of time yet)

The villa was nice from the outside, minging on the inside but after a quick wipe over with the cleaning fluids and a realisation that we’d be spending most time out partying or by the pool we decided we could live with it. Jamel the owner was a big, bear like, funny Algerian man who’s lived over there for 18 years with his English wife. They rent out the family home each summer to pay for improvements, such adding the pool, during the summer months. The thing about Jamel is not only is he lovely but he knows everyone. He said to ask him if we wanted to go to any of the clubs and he’d try to get us in for free. He didn’t just get us in free he got us VIP access at times also. What a star, I think he saved us about £500 over the week.

I was VERY excited to get there in time for Retro… look I met Paul! To anyone who doesn’t know this he was a bit (lot) of a hero when I was younger. As I may have garbled at him during this evening “you were the soundtrack of my youth…” gush, gush. This may be true but saying it out loud, and to him,

might have lost me a lot of cool points. If he was cringing he hid it well and was very gracious, or so completely wasted that he really didn’t care :o). Anyway, I think he’s great. Totally lovely guy. His mate Foxy was ace (and apparently owns half of Magaluf) , completely mad as a box of frogs but it a brilliant way. Loved them both!

Had some good nights for the rest of the week but I think we peaked that first Saturday. However, I must tell you that I was the only one to manage every night! Result! However by Thursday evening (before flight Friday morning) I could barely keep my head up above my dinner and was extremely close to a comedy face plant into evening meal situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment