Wednesday 6 October 2010

26/6 Claire - Gill and Brian wedding

Start of the day was not good!

My beautiful Karen Millen dress was dry cleaned after the only time I have worn this before which was a year ago. It’d been hanging on the back of my wardrobe for weeks waiting for the big day. I have a bag, shoes etc all ready to pop into the car at 10am on Saturday morning so I can drive to my parents house for a quick change and travel together to the church for noon. The sun was shining it was a beautiful day. As soon as took said dress outside into the bright sunlight I realised that the dry cleaners had completely ruined the dress bleaching part of it and leaving marks on other areas. In the artificial light of the house, nothing… in the sunny light of day, ruined.

At this point I have less than 2 hrs to drive to Teesside, through the roadworks, to parents, change and to Sedgefield. Panic, tears, stamping of feet. Ian tries to get logical but I am literally blind with panic. He suggested that I run into Diva in Yarm on the way to my Mum’s house (not enough time, not enough time!!) which I agree I need to do.

Poor Jean in Diva is dressing a window in the shop when I run in like a mad woman screaming “Help!! I am going to a wedding NOW and my dress is ruined!”… I literally pick out a green dress from the rack, run into the changing cubical, Jean finds me a bag from the wall display and I have a new outfit in about 6.5 mins. I love that shop.

Had a fantastic day and I can’t believe my lil cuz Gill is a married lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment