Saturday 15 August 2009

13/8 Claire – Boarding and the Burton 09 Open Competition


IMG_1869
Originally uploaded by blenkers
We were contemplating giving the boarding a miss today because the conditions are a bit harsh and it’s been either icy or raining or both. You can walk to the half pipe from the main resort area so a lift pass isn’t required and as there is a snowboarding competition on this week we thought it would be worth a look. It’s halfpipe qualifiers so we drove up there to watch the pro boarders. Turns out the resort was above the cloud line and the sun was shining!!

I have never seen boarding like this other than on DVD. We saw many of the pro boarders in the noodle bar restaurant at lunchtime and I swear to God they look about 12. This wasn’t helped by my overhearing a conversation between a couple of them at lunchtime “…yeah, I finished school this year”. I am so old :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment