Wednesday 12 August 2009

8/8 Claire – Mount Hut


IMG_1557
Originally uploaded by blenkers
Loads of people we have spoken to have recommended Mount Hut as a good place to stop for a day on the slopes.

Once I got over the mountain road drive in, which is basically a few thousand cars, campers and buses driving 15k up a mountain track at 40kpm (don’t look down) we were ready for our first day boarding.

It was all against me today and those of you who have boarded with me in the past will understand this and where I am coming from…. So:

• I am on a mountain ski resort which has only 3 chair lifts so it’s really small
• It hasn’t snowed for 2 weeks so it’s really icy
• It’s Saturday and it’s the sort of spot that is mainly locals so all of the really good boarders are out which means they fly past you much closer than you are comfortable but cos its icy you here them coming before you see them
• I’m in my lightweight waterproof clothes than I bought for multipurpose use whilst we were away but as the trousers don’t fasten around my boarding boots I look a little (a lot) like a skier. Sorry to any skiers out there but any boarder reading this would understand.
• I have a hire board
• Worse than that I have ill fitting hire boots (and I always have problems with my own boots never mind boots that have been moulded to not fit a thousand other feet before mine)
• I have basic ratchet bindings
• I couldn’t stop for a vin chaud if it all got too much as it’s a drive in resort so we can’t have a drink

Like I say, it was all against me...

Surprisingly it was a really good day and I boarded for about 4hours which is 2hours more than I sometimes board in France when the bar is calling me at lunchtime ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment