Wednesday 4 November 2009

02/11 Claire - Music Industry Trust Award


CIMG5862
Originally uploaded by blenkers
Well, imagine my surpirse when I received an email from one of our suppliers inviting me to the Music Industry Trust Award ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London. In the words of my little sis, “whoop! whoop!”

The first things Jacks says to me is “what to wear??” and I think “shit, yeah hadn’t thought about that”. I didn’t worry as I’d bought myself a LBD from a small shop in Yarm on Saturday but had to look up on the internet what sort of “cocktail dress” was appropriate. Big mistake! Look on the inetrnet and you see designer frocks a plenty wrapped around the likes of Kylie and Cheryl from last year… how to make yourself feel inadequate in one easy step.

Next worry is my gradually (or not as the case may be) fading tan. Off to the salan for new lashes and a spray tan. Done. Then, OMG I don’t have an evening jacket. Fortunately my sister came to the rescue with a beaitiful black feathery number.

Down to London on Monday and check into the hotel (not the Grosvenor, Orange put me up in the Quality Crown!) 2 hours before I am due to leave to ensure I have plenty of time to get ready. An hour and a half later I still have sock rings around my legs. I do feel like Bridget Jones and make a mental note to self to check my dress is not tucked into my knickers before I leave.

When we arrive at the hotel we climb out of the cab to be approached by as set of paparazzi, who then quickly realise that we are no one of interest and walk on straight past. The car pulling up behind us is Jonathan Ross and his wife Jane so they probably made a good call there. The evening is dedicated to Jonathan Ross who won the award this year. They stood behind me in the cloak room queue and I froze in a kind of pathetic “erm, no, no after you” type stance until the cloak room attendant got shirty with me for holding her up.

In the reception I’m 5ft away from Russell Brand and David Baddiel. Then Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics played an acoustic set… then, no word of a lie, George Michael gets up on stage to present the award. What a legend! There was also a performance from Brian Ferry, I’m not a huge fan but it was still good.

A later see Kelly Jones in the bar and I’ve had a few glasses of fizz… apparently I comment quite loudly about his height, which to be fair he is quite short, but perhaps that was inappropriate since he’s only 3ft away from me!

Fab night, can’t remember getting back but I did manage to drink an alza seltzer before going to bed… I am impressed with myself :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment