Monday 23 November 2009

15/11 Claire – Here’s to reunions

Sometimes you get a feeling of nostalgia and need to get back to your roots and today I made the first step by meeting up with my brilliant old mate Rob. Rob and I were at school together, his best mate was my first boyfriend, and we went drinking together when we were allowed in the pub… you get the picture. We lost touch when I moved away from Easingwold when I was 20, managed to get back in touch again about 5 years ago only to lose touch again.

The longer you leave it the harder it is to make that step to get in touch but stuff it, in these days of multimedia communications it only takes a text message or friend invite on facebook to say Hi. It’s really easy. I sent Rob a text, luckily he still has the same number and here we are… having Sunday lunch in Alne with Ian and Rob’s girlfriend Claire. I stop myself from writing new girlfriend just because I have not met her before, they have been together 5 years!

Rob spends most of the afternoon saying “do you remember so and so” and I reply “erm, no” seriously what’s with my memory? A misspent youth I think. The important thing is that I remember Rob and what’s really lovely to see is that he’s not really changed. Yes we’re older, yes we are a little more sensible (at times) and quite grown up but inside he seems to be the same great, lovely guy from school that I remember. I won’t be losing touch again!

No comments:

Post a Comment