Monday 26 October 2009

24/10 Claire – Jamie’s birthday doo


DSC01513v2
Originally uploaded by blenkers
It’s been a while since we’ve seen our Jamie. We’d arranged to meet up in Newcastle for food, booze and dancing and, bonus, we get to meet the new lady in his life Andrea. Andrea is very beautiful so she’s likely to be unpleasant, right? No, she’s friendly and charming. Damn!...[joking].. Jamie, if you read this, she’s a keeper ;o)

Starting in the pub at 5pm, unsurprisingly, Jamie is late and it turns out that the original plan of “getting to Newcastle between 4pm and 5pm” actually means “we’ll meet you at the restaurant at 6.30” - par for the course. After a crap meal at El Torero tapas restaurant we headed out for rather too much rum. Ian started this by getting a round of Mojitos, then most of us moved on to Cuba Libra either way the measures were huge, the sort that make you eyes water and lips purse for the first two sips, I battled through. Since these followed G&T and huge glasses of red wine I should have known it could get messy… and indeed it did.

Had a great time in World Head Quarters, I didn’t stand out like an *old* sore thumb amidst throngs of cool, trendy kids… there wasn’t really any that I recall, perhaps the place has moved more mainstream recently? Or perhaps I was too drunk to pay that much attention to those around me with the exception of our group who, if the photos are anything to go by, I seem to be throwning myself upon each time the camera came out. Bed by 5, yes 5am! How the hell did THAT happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment