Thursday 16 July 2009

14/7 Claire - A first taste of Japan


IMG_9736
Originally uploaded by blenkers
So, the meal I pointed to today was a selection of a number of dishes… Miso soup, rice, sashimi of tuna, salmon and squid, a very watery and savoury tofu in a bowl (not so keen) and chicken tempura. A couple of things to note on lunch, firstly I am not sure that the tempura was as good as it should be it was quite greasy and a little too much like a chicken burger for my liking. Also raw squid is a taste I am not sure I will get used to. It’s soft and slightly gooey, but the more you chew the gooey-er it get became, a LOT of concentration to get that down. We’ve decided that this place was probably more greasy spoon than a gastronomic find but, hey, it was easy and there are hundreds of these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment