Friday 17 July 2009

17/7 Ian - Flashpacking....

Ok, so Claz has been on a bit of a roll with the updates so far. Her clinical efficiency to get things sorted and fast never ceases to amaze me. I'm still pondering topics, meanwhile she's edited her photos, uploaded them to Flickr, blogged them and added some pre-written copy that she happened to have ready to go, following a jet-lagged typing session at 3am. Unbelievable....


And incidentally, before I get started on a few Japanese observations, I need to respond to some certain digs about my choice of baggage. I did not choose the wrong rucksack per se, but I may have misjudged it somewhat for this particular adventure. We will see as things progress, but for now I am certainly more wrong than right. However, I would point out that as you can see from the photo, Claz is most definitely NOT backpacking. Actually, she's 'flashpacking', which is apparently (according to Wired magazine's jargon watch) what people who like flash hotels and the finer things in life do to keep the costs down. Who, flashpackers, us....?!

No comments:

Post a Comment